Join Us for a Valentine's Day Dinner for Two
Click here to register today!
Valentine’s Day Dinner
Monday, February 14
We’ll be preparing:
- Basil-Eggplant Soup
- Grilled Sea Scallops with Basil and Lavender Essence
- Pasta with Asparagus
- Chicken with Gorgonzola
- Warm Chocolate Cakes with Grand Marnier Whipped Cream
In this issue of our newsletter, we feature a three-course menu from Chef Robyn Alexander’s Couples Classes. Make any or all of these delicious dishes to show your loved ones how much you care.
On the menu today:
- Seafood Chowder
- Saffron and Mushroom Risotto
- Steak au Poivre
We begin your romantic meal with this rich, creamy appetizer by Chef Robyn Alexander:
What you’ll need:
2 bacon strips, diced
½ med. leek, white part only, thinly sliced
3 med. garlic cloves, minced
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 large russet potato, cut into ½-inch dice
3 cups chicken stock
2 ears corn, shucked
¼ lb. lobster tail and/or claw meat, steamed, shelled, and diced
¼ lb. crab meat, picked for shells
¼ lb. shrimp, peeled, and deveined
¼ lb. sea or bay scallops
½ lrg. red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice
½ cup heavy cream (optional)
Parsley, minced for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, brown bacon. Drain off all but one tablespoon (1 T.) of oil.
2. Sauté leek, garlic, and celery. Cook until softened.
3. Add stock, salt, and potatoes. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. While potatoes are cooking, cut corn off cobs. Use the back of knife to scrape corn “milk” out of cobs into a small bowl.
5. Add corn to soup and simmer for 5 more minutes.
6. Add lobster, crab, shrimp, scallops, red pepper, and cream (if desired), and simmer for 5 more minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
7. Garnish chowder with minced parsley and serve.
Next: Saffron and Mushroom Risotto
Prev: Rekindle the Romance With a Couples Class at Culinaria Cooking School