Mr. Edinger represents U.S. and international clients, handling all aspects and sizes of deals, including negotiating, documenting, coordinating due diligence for and closing U.S. and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, finance, and joint-venture transactions.
Mr. Edinger also advises debtor and creditor clients on workout, insolvency, and reorganization matters, as well as structuring, formation, and governance matters, including duties of directors and officers.
In addition, Mr. Edinger serves as outside general counsel to a number of small and medium-sized enterprises. After living in Istanbul for two years, Mr. Edinger has established a broad network of contacts in finance, business, and law in Southern Europe and Central Asia, particularly in Turkey, and he regularly arranges and staffs all aspects of deals, from identifying counterparties and professionals, initial discussions, and term sheets, to diligence, documentation, and consummation.
Prior to founding Edinger Associates, Mr. Edinger was a partner for seven years and an associate for six years at Wiley Rein LLP in Washington, DC.
- Counsel for real-estate investment firm in restructuring of senior secured debt facility, including elimination of unlimited guaranties
- Counsel for 22-station regional radio broadcast group in chapter 11 bankruptcy and restructuring negotiations
- Counsel on multiple distress, debt, and equity investment purchase and restructuring deals
- Counsel for multiple media companies in purchase and sale of broadcast and wireless towers and transmission sites
- Arranged a multi-property media transaction in Turkey for publicly traded global media and technology company
- Counsel for global finance house specializing in arranging and originating project, transaction, and trade finance
- Counsel for publicly traded media and technology company in sale of multiple radio stations, including the largest radio station sale in the U.S. since 2008
- Counsel for Latin American telecommunications company in the sale of an undersea cable interest and telecommunications business in Colombia and Panama
- Counsel for publicly traded global media and technology company, including acquisition of a radio station network in Bulgaria
- Counsel for satellite company in financing and acquisition of ABS-1 satellite from Lockheed Martin and Intersputnik
- Counsel for publicly traded global media and technology company in sale of 16 TV stations for $1.24 billion to seven separate buyers
Experience and Education
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
- Business and Finance
- Real-Estate Transactions
- Telecommunications, Media, and Technology
- Vertical Real-Estate (Telecommunications Towers)
- District of Columbia
- JD, William & Mary School of Law (1995)
- BA, with Highest Honors, College of William & Mary (1991)
- Law Clerk for the Hon. Ross W. Krumm, Chief Judge, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia (1994-1995)
- American Bar Association, Sections of Business Law, Communications Law, and International Law
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar, Corporation, Finance, and Securities Law Section
*(contactlist). Direct: +1.202.747.1693
- Mobile: +1.571.334.5580
- Facsimile: +1.202.747.1691
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org