FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ER doctors John Jones and John Maguire will provide a new service to fill the niche between the emergency room and the family practice
Arlington VA, December 7, 2010 — Veteran emergency room doctors John Jones and John Maguire have opened Simplicity Urgent Care, a neighborhood medical center located at 3263 Columbia Pike that allows patients with or without insurance to see a doctor without an appointment.
“Urgent care is for accidents and illnesses that require a doctor’s attention, but not a trip to the emergency room,” explains Dr. Jones, an emergency department physician at INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, who is certified in both pediatric and adult emergency care.
“From colds and flu to minor injuries and urinary tract infections, our physicians will specialize in fast, friendly care. That also includes immunizations, x-rays, drug screenings, travel medicine, and more,” he says.
Making things easy for patients is the goal, agree Dr. Jones and his Simplicity Urgent Care partner Dr. John Maguire.
“In 2009, John and I noticed a need for urgent care services in the Arlington area,” explains Dr. Maguire, the medical director for three of INOVA’s freestanding emergency rooms in Northern Virginia. “As local physicians with 25 combined years of experience, we know expert healthcare. Now we’re bringing a new level of urgent care to the Arlington community.”
Simplicity is the Goal
Drs. Jones and Maguire will offer patients the following:
• Every member of the Simplicity team will be carefully chosen and trained by Dr. Jones and Dr. Maguire.
• The office will be open evenings and weekends.
• Patients can get their prescriptions filled on site.
• Patients can get X-rays taken on site.
• Patients will never need to make an appointment.
• Urgent Care will provides patients with immediate care for non-life threatening illness and injuries, such as a sore throat, cough, cold and flu, cuts and abrasions, sprains and strains, ear infections, and urinary tract infections.
• The doctors will also offer a wide range of additional services, including immunizations, x-rays, occupational medicine, pharmacy services, various physical exams, drug screenings, specialist referrals, and travel medicine.
What Patients Can Expect During Their Visit
1. When patients arrive at Simplicity Urgent Care, they can expect a friendly welcome. All patients come on a walk-in basis, so no appointment is necessary.
2. Patients will check in with the front desk, and then will be asked to complete the necessary registration forms, unless they have already filled out forms on the website.
3. Once the forms are complete, information will be entered into the Simplicity Urgent Care medical records system, and the patient will receive the next available appointment. This allows Simplicity physicians to review the patient’s information thoroughly and efficiently in preparation for the exam.
4. When the patient’s name is called, a nurse will take him or her to the pre-exam area, take vital signs, and proceed to the exam room.
5. After reviewing the medical records, the doctor will discuss the information with the patient and complete an exam based on the illness or injury. The exam may involve such additional steps as x-ray, which can be completed on-site.
6. If the recommended treatment requires a prescription, the patient may be able to fill it onsite. Simplicity Urgent Care offers prescription services for the most commonly prescribed medications.
7. After a brief checkout at the front desk, the patient is on their way home. In most cases, this will be within an hour from their arrival time.
For more information
For more information
Learn more about Simplicity Urgent Care here: www.simplicityurgentcare.com.
To set up a time to interview Dr. John Jones or Dr. John Maguire, contact Hope Katz Gibbs, Inkandescent Public Relations, at email@example.com or 703 346-6975.