Habitat Women Who Build Fashion Show, March 18, 2009 — At Inkandescent Public Relations, we’re often asked to contribute to and participate in raising funds for worthwhile causes. We couldn’t say no when our prez Hope Katz Gibbs was invited by our client Dr. Alice Waagen, owner of Workforce Learning to be one of the founding mothers of Habitat Women Who Build, a fundraising group dedicated to raising at least $5000 to sponsor a build day later this year.
As of today, are 1/5th of the way there! And in the spirit of bringing in the bucks — and bringing together a lot of other women who are inspired to help this cause — on March 18, Habitat Women Who Build will be the beneficiaries of funds raised at a wonderful “Night of Fashion,” hosted by Your Own Entourage and Moore Cadillac Chantilly. Sponsorships are also available.
The show starts promptly at 6:30 pm. Doors open at 6:00. The event will last approximately 2 hours. For only $50 / ticket the event will feature four sets of fashions with a long intermission for mixing, mingling and making merry with wine, appetizers and good company.
The evening will also be filled with:
• Models — A dozen ladies and men that you just may know will strut their stuff in clothes that real businesspeople will want to wear.
• Fashionable, stylish fashions — Provided by Etcetera; makeup artist Tracie Rosales will be glamming up the gals.
• Dress for Success tips — Personal stylist Indra Books will be dishing out fashion do’s and don’ts.
• Swag Bag — This one is filled with goodies we promise you will love, will go to the first 50 people who register.
• Wine and appetizers — At intermission.
• Great networking — You’ll be thrilled to see who’s already on the guest list.
• Raffle tickets — Win some terrific prizes.
“We don’t use professional models — and that’s for a reason,” explains “Indra Books, owner of Your Own Entourage. “This is about real men and women wearing real clothes that you too can make into your own style.”