Almost every child of my generation was taught the magical words: Please and Thank You.
This began our lessons on polite interaction in a social setting. Times have changed, but good manners still remain an integral part of a child’s development.
Magical Manners is a course designed to help your child feel comfortable in group dining situations. Your child will have the opportunity to mix and mingle with peers in informal as well as formal settings.
The course will take place on two consecutive Saturdays.
- Each session is two hours long.
- The first Saturday will concentrate on informal dining settings and manners relating to dining while standing.
- The second Saturday session will cover formal seated dining and table settings, and how to interact with serving personnel.
- On both days, the students will be served lunch as an interactive, hands on learning tool.
In our Magic Words workshops, children and teens learn the etiquette of:
- The Etiquette of Being an Invited guest
- The Importance of an RSVP
- Gifts for the Host or Hostess
- Thank You Notes
- Introductions and Shaking Hands
- Polite Table Conversation
- The Place Setting: Formal and Informal – which utensil to use and when
- How to Interact with the Serving Staff
- Buffet Etiquette and Eating While standing
1st Saturday Menu
- Table will be set by our trained wait staff for the students
- Vegetables and Dips (standing)
- Turkey Sandwiches served with fries and coleslaw
- Soft Drinks
2nd Saturday Menu
- Students will set their own place setting, based on the previous week’s lesson
- Soup and Salad
- Rolls and Butter
- Iced Tea
Cost for Magical Manners: $175 per student, which includes workbook, four hours of instruction, two delicious, nutritious lunches, a sample hostess/host gift.
To register: Email Terry Johnson, award-winning chef and certified etiquette teacher.