January 16, 2014, WUSA Channel 9 — Are you ready to get your financial house in order? Don’t miss CFP® Bryan Beatty’s tips, featured on the noon news today on WUSA Channel 9.
What are the 5 Things to Do to Smartly Plan Ahead for Retirement in 2014?
1. First and foremost: Stop carrying credit card balances. Make a plan to pay down debt.
2. Increase your 401k, 403B or IRA contributions.
3. Look into starting an ROTH IRA or ROTH 401k
4. Check your insurance to make sure that your coverage is appropriate. Know that inflation often leaves people with inferior coverage amount, just a few years after they first obtain the insurance — including life, disability, property and casualty
5. Re-balance your asset allocation strategy or your investment strategy. Know that if you haven’t maintained your portfolio, it may be dramatically different and more risky than you intend or are aware.
About Bryan D. Beatty, CFP®, AIF® designation
Financial Planner / Partner
- Partner of Egan, Berger & Weiner LLC
- 22 years of experience in the financial industry as the principal of an independent financial services firm specializing in all aspects of investment and retirement planning
- Graduate of University of Maryland, with a BS in Finance; former president of the Finance, Banking and Investment Society
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
- Active member of the Financial Planning Association’s Career Development and College Outreach Committees.
- An avid lifelong musician, Bryan plays guitar and writes music in his spare time and occasionally plays area venues. Originally from Baltimore, MD, Bryan has lived in Northern Virginia since 1992.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.